Manitoba Metis Federation
MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
November 19, 2020
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time one-year term Human Resources Generalist position within our Human Resources Department located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Generalist is responsible for assisting in all human resources activities. The Human Resources Generalist develops, implements and evaluates human resources policies, programs and procedures and provides recommendations to management.
- Assist with all internal and external HR related matters;
- Participate in developing organizational guidelines and procedures;
- Assist with full life-cycle recruitment, including preparing job offers;
- Investigate complaints brought forward by employees;
- Coordinate employee development plans and performance management;
- Perform orientations and update records of new staff;
- Facilitate meetings with managers and employees regarding concerns;
- Coordinate performance management practices to achieve continuous improvement in safety, quality, productivity, teamwork and employee engagement including performance reviews, leadership/coaching, support, investigations and consistent and fair enforcement of policies;
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems;
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree/Certificate in Human Resources Management, Labour Relations or related discipline. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered;
- CPHR Designation is an asset;
- Minimum of three years of progressive experience in the human resources field;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of all employment related legislation and HR best practices;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Knowledge of Metis culture and MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Thursday, December 3, 2020.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com