Manitoba Metis Federation
MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
REGIONAL REGISTRY CLERK
October 9, 2020
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Regional Registry Clerk position within our Central Registry Office Department located at the MMF Thompson Regional Office at 171 Cree Road in Thompson, MB.
- Coordinate all aspects of MMF Citizenship and Harvester Card process at the regional level;
- Work closely with the Regions and Central Registry Office to ensure the efficient operation of the application process and database system;
- Excellent communication skills to answer general inquiries from the public;
- Answer questions from applicants, constituents or Locals regarding the application process including genealogies, Citizenship, Metis Harvesting Initiatives, etc.;
- Provide harvesting information regarding the fall harvest big game tags and Metis Conservation Trust Sticker;
- Receive, process and distribute application forms;
- Maintain and update both electronic and hard copy filing systems;
- Perform clerical duties related to MMF Citizenship;
- Assist with scheduling meetings and booking accommodations;
- Ability to manage time and utilize resources to complete departmental objectives.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in Administrative Assistant, Clerk, or relevant field preferred;
- Minimum two years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant, Clerk or similar role;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Knowledge of Metis issues and socio-economic conditions affecting Metis people preferred;
- Knowledge of local, provincial, and federal resources preferred;
- Experience working with the Not-For-Profit Organizations, Boards, and Indigenous Community is an asset;
- Knowledge of Metis culture and MMF programs and services; and
- Valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension and vacation.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Sunday, October 25, 2020.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com