Manitoba Metis Federation
MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
September 16, 2020
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing political representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partner in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The Manitoba Metis Federation seeks to hire one full-time Political Analyst position located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB. The Political Analyst is responsible for researching, informing, analyzing and reporting on all political related matters for projects relating to elections, political programs, Citizen engagement and other participation relating to outreach as required.
- Design, develop, analyze, evaluate, present, and compare data;
- Evaluate policies and events using public opinion surveys, data collection and election results;
- Conduct research and analyze existing Government policy and processes;
- Research comparable policy and/or program data;
- Keep up to date with political current affairs;
- Develop communications strategies for enhanced voter engagement and participation;
- Inclusionary relations with Metis Youth involvement;
- Participation with various MMF outreach activities.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in political science, public administration, economics or a related field;
- Excellent communication skills with strong reading, writing, and editing capabilities;
- Proficient in synthesizing data and analysis;
- Experience in policy analysis and market research;
- Experience implementing work plans and strategies;
- Experience implementing policies, programs and procedures;
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability;
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize, multitask and organize work, and implement projects effectively;
- Valid Manitoba Driver’s License with access to a reliable vehicle; and
- Bilingualism (French and English) will be considered an asset.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including: health, dental, vision, pension and vacation. MMF staff have access to an on-site fitness facility and in-house restaurant.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Wednesday, September 30, 2020.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com