Manitoba Metis Federation
MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
LAND DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
November 12, 2020
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Land Development Officer position located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB. The Land Development Officer is responsible for assessing land development opportunities, and providing recommendations in an effort to achieve the goals of the MMF and Municipal land use policies.
- Complete site plan applications and compliances as they pertain to the local development plans;
- Interpret land use documents;
- Responsible for coordinating the site plan approval process including required documentation;
- Provide input on how best to use acquired land;
- Monitor and report on community housing needs and trends and lead the development of new housing policies to align with identified needs;
- Consider environmental aspects, transportation plans, zoning regulations including private properties;
- Prepare reports regarding the locations of different infrastructure and population characteristics;
- Research jurisdictional development and building requirements;
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, business administration, finance, accounting or related field;
- Experience in real estate development, sales, marketing;
- Legal or financial experience is preferred;
- Knowledge of land use, zoning procedures, and real estate acquisition;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills;
- Experience working with boards and/or committees is preferred;
- Experience working for a not-for-profit organization and Indigenous community is an asset;
- Knowledge of Metis culture, MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and,
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Thursday, November 26, 2020.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org