Manitoba Metis Federation
MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
SERVICE NEEDS DETERMINATION CLERK
October 6, 2020
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time six-month term Service Needs Determination Clerk position within our Metis Employment and Training Department located within our MMF Southwest Regional Office located at 656 6th Street in Brandon, MB. Under the supervision and direction of the MET Regional Coordinator, the Service Needs Determination (SND) Clerk will interview and complete the intake process with clients to determine employment and training needs and eligibility for MET programs and services. The SND Clerk serves as the initial point of contact for the department for clients seeking employment and training information or service.
- Complete intake application process with clients, assessing client need by completing a needs determination interview to identify their reason for seeking assistance, gathering relevant client information and verifying client eligibility;
- Provide referrals for clients to other departmental staff for more in-depth discussions of employment and training needs;
- Assist clients with job search skills by assisting with preparation of resumes and cover letters, job search strategies, and preparing for job interviews;
- Research and access labour market information and job postings utilizing the Internet, local newspapers and other professional publications;
- Participate in job fairs, career symposiums & community events;
Skills and Qualifications:
- Candidates must have an Administrative or Clerical related post-secondary certificate or diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in administrative support services;
- Experience using database systems;
- Experience taking accurate meeting minutes and meeting notes;
- Experience establishing and maintaining good working relationships with a diverse array of partners, clients, and co-workers;
- Experience working for a not-for-profit organization and Indigenous community is an asset;
- Knowledge of Metis culture, MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and,
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension and vacation.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Tuesday, October 27, 2020.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to (204) 947-1816
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org