Manitoba Metis Federation
MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
POLICY ANALYST – CHILD AND FAMILY SERVICES
April 26, 2021
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Policy Analyst – Child and Family Services position within our Policy Unit located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB. The Policy Analyst works with Metis Child and Family Services and the Metis Child, Family and Community Institute, and plans, directs, coordinates and oversees institute programs and implements polices to ensure that established goals and objectives are accomplished in accordance with prescribed priorities, budgetary guidelines, and work plan activities.
- Manage, analyze, and follow up on Section 12 Notifications;
- Design, develop, analyze and evaluate social service programming;
- Conduct research and analyze existing Government policy and programs;
- Research comparable policy and/or program data;
- Maintain positive relations with relevant internal and external contacts;
- Develop and oversee fiscal cost and expenditures;
- Work with the Minister of Child and Family Services to prepare operating budgets;
- Participate on various CFS committees;
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or graduate degree in social services with training specific to child welfare, justice, health, or education;
- Five years’ experience in the child and family services sector;
- Experience implementing work plans and strategies;
- Experience implementing policy, program and procedure;
- Understanding of Child Welfare legislation, standards, and regulations;
- Knowledge of other acts that Child Welfare legislation works with (Health, Justice, Education, Maintenance Enforcement);
- Experience working for a not-for-profit organization and Indigenous community is an asset;
- Knowledge of Metis culture, MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and,
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Monday, May 10, 2021.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org