Manitoba Metis Federation
MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
METIS COMMUNITY LIAISON WORKER
April 29, 2021
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Metis Community Liaison Worker position within our Metis Community Liaison Department located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB. Remuneration is $17-$20 per hour depending on experience.
- Enhance and deliver services and resources within the region through direct community outreach;
- Assist clients in completing and/or initiating foster/adoption home appeals, income security appeals, guardianship orders, housing applications, and education/training applications or appeals;
- Prepare clients for court proceedings;
- Carry out client follow-up and compile and maintain client data;
- Assist community needs and identify available resources;
- Maintain resources directory and assess available resources;
- Define and establish referral mechanisms;
- Perform detailed intake/assessment, documentation and maintenance of files;
- Implement fundraising projects;
- Facilitate community outreach, meetings and workshops.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Two-year diploma program in a Child and Family Services or Community Development program;
- Minimum two years’ experience in social service field or previous community development involvement;
- Knowledge of government legislations such as Child and Family Services Act, Program Standards, Employment and Income Assistance, Maintenance Act, Workers Compensation and other relevant legislation and policies;
- Strong organizational, communication and writing skills;
- Strong computer and technical skills;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team;
- Experience arranging and facilitating meetings;
- Knowledge of Metis issues and socio-economic conditions affecting Metis people;
- Knowledge of Metis culture and MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Sunday, May 16, 2021.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com