Manitoba Metis Federation
MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
EARLY LEARNING AND CHILD CARE REGIONAL LIAISON
April 1, 2021
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Early Learning and Child Care Regional Liaison position within our Early Learning and Child Care Department in each of the following Regional Offices, located in Winnipeg, Brandon, Thompson, The Pas, Grand Marais, and St. Laurent. Remuneration is between $16-$18 per hour, dependent on education and experience.
- Enhance and deliver services and resources within the region through direct community outreach;
- Assist community needs and identify available resources;
- Maintain resources directory and assess available resources;
- Implement fundraising projects;
- Facilitate community outreach, meetings and workshops;
- Assist in developing and implementing parenting programs through the ELCC Centres;
- Facilitate the implementation of the Metis ELCC Curriculum;
- Work as a liaison between Regional Office and Head Office as required;
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of the Early Learning and Child Care Industry;
- Completion of Grade 12 Diploma or higher;
- Strong desire to serve your community;
- Background in Customer Service and ability to interact in a positive and professional way;
- Strong organizational, communication and writing skills;
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrating of diplomacy in all interactions;
- Proficient in computer and technical skills;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team;
- Experience arranging and facilitating meetings;
- Knowledge of Metis issues and socio-economic conditions affecting Metis families with young children;
- Knowledge of Metis culture and MMF programs and services is a definite asset, and;
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension, and vacation.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Sunday, April 18, 2021.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org