Manitoba Metis Federation
MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
February 23, 2021
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill three full-time Policy Analyst positions within our Policy Unit located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB. The Policy Analyst is responsible for researching, informing, reporting on all political and policy related matters to any project, liaising with other staff as necessary towards increasing the control and participation of Metis Citizens over the issues, programs, and decisions that affect their lives and develop the capacity of Metis Citizens to identify solutions for building a healthy and sustainable Manitoba Metis Community.
- Undertake research and analysis of a broad range of social and political issues in order to assist in identifying their implications as they relate to the negotiation process;
- Collect and review data;
- Research comparable policy and/or program data from other jurisdictions;
- Provide policy advice and analysis;
- Prepare proposals based on extensive research and analysis;
- Provide cost-analysis and comparative financial information on policy and program services;
- Attend meetings and assist with negotiations;
- Assist in governance development.
Skills and Qualifications:
- An Undergraduate Degree in political science, social sciences, native studies, business administration, or other program with essay and report writing, with multiple years of experience in policy and program development or equivalent;
- Experience preparing reports and budgets;
- Experience implementing strategies for projects;
- Experience conducting research and developing presentations;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills;
- Experience working with boards and/or committees is preferred;
- Knowledge of Metis culture, MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and,
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Tuesday, March 9, 2021.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org