Manitoba Metis Federation
MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
March 26, 2021
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Program Officer position within our Metis Employment and Training Department located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB. The Program Officer will develop and implement training and employment initiatives undertaken by the Metis Employment and Training Department.
- Network and collaborate with industry, employers and partners to initiate and develop relationships and partnerships for employment and training initiatives to address labour market needs;
- Actively engage with partners to proactively develop employment & training projects to respond to community labour market needs;
- Provide support to groups, individuals, and employers in preparing employment & training proposals and applications;
- Manage project contract financials by reviewing and reconciling monthly claims and reports, ensuring that service providers operate within budget allocation and align with intended activities;
- Ongoing monitoring of client progress and attendance during employment and training activities, providing support and guidance for retention and success;
Skills and Qualifications:
- Related post-secondary education in social sciences, adult education and training, business administration or management, and a minimum of 2 years directly related work experience;
- Ability delivering, coordinating, and implementing employment-focused training programs;
- Ability to research training and labour market needs;
- Experience developing employment-focused training proposals;
- Experience analyzing financial statements and reports and an understanding of basic financial and accounting practices;
- Experience working for a not-for-profit organization and Indigenous community is an asset;
- Knowledge of Metis culture, MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and,
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Sunday, April 11, 2021.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com