Manitoba Metis Federation
MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
May 4, 2021
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill two full-time Policy Analyst positions within our Housing Department located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB. Reporting to the Director of Housing, the Policy Analyst is responsible for researching opportunities and potential prospects that will increase the control and participation of the Metis people over the issues, programs and decisions that affect their lives and to develop the capacity of Metis people to identify their own interest and solutions for building healthy and sustainable communities.
- Research and develop policies, option papers, reports, proposals, briefing notes, and position papers;
- Provide recommendations based on extensive research and analysis on a broad range of social and political issues and present information and data for review;
- Engage in ongoing research and planning on an inter-departmental and cross-sectional basis to help advance Metis-specific objectives;
- Design and evaluate various components for programs and services provided within the Housing Department;
- Develop analytical framework, benchmarks, metrics and logic schemes;
- Prepare budgets, cost-analysis and comparative financial information;
- Prepare documents relating to funding within time requirements.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Political Science, Social Sciences, or related field. Master’s degree in relevant discipline is preferred;
- Minimum of three years’ experience working in policy, program development, or relatable experience;
- Extensive experience in preparing policies, recommendations and option papers from research and analysis;
- Experience implementing strategies for major projects, developing cost-analysis and projections;
- Well-developed ability to conceptualize, research, organize and implement specific projects;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and presentation skills;
- Knowledge of Metis issues and socio-economic conditions affecting Metis people;
- Knowledge of Metis culture, MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and,
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Tuesday, May 18, 2021.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org