Manitoba Metis Federation
MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
CURRICULUM RESOURCES DEVELOPER
March 31, 2021
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Curriculum Resources Developer position within our Early Learning and Child Care Department located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB.
- Responsible for establishing and securing partnerships with industry contacts, community organizations and stakeholders, child care centres and service providers;
- Work with partners to proactively develop projects to meet community early learning and child care needs and oversee the management and monitoring of cultural and curriculum content;
- Assist in planning, coordinating and execution of the ELCC department’s conferences, community engagements, events and meetings;
- Oversee and manage the development of ELCC Cultural Resources; including contact information and curriculum resources;
- Participate in the design and development of proposals and funding applications;
- Create outreach opportunities and complete assessments;
- Develop and prepare cultural programming initiatives;
Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s/Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Child Development or ECE III;
- Land-based Education/Forest School Practitioners Certificate;
- Minimum of two years’ experience as an Early Years Teacher, or Early Childhood Educator or relevant role with demonstrated ability to deliver programs and services;
- Knowledge and experience with land-based education principles required;
- Experience in preparing funding proposals for social service projects and programs;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills;
- Michif language proficiency or willingness to learn Michif is an asset;
- Experience working for a not-for-profit organization and Indigenous community is an asset;
- Knowledge of Metis culture, MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and,
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Wednesday, April 14, 2021.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org