Manitoba Metis Federation
MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT COORDINATOR
January 12, 2021
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Environmental Assessment Coordinator position within our Energy, Infrastructure and Resource Management Department located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB. The Environmental Assessment Coordinator will assist with the ongoing planning, development, and implementation of the MMF’s participation in federal and provincial environmental assessment processes for projects having the potential to impact the collect rights, claims, and interests of the Manitoba Metis Community.
- Coordinate and manage the MMF’s participation in federal and provincial environmental assessment processes;
- Facilitate the engagement and consultation with Manitoba, Canada, industry contacts and others as well as MMF departments as necessary;
- Coordinate work associated with the facilitation of meetings, community gatherings, teleconferences, etc.;
- Maintain a thorough record of all activities;
- Travel to MMF regions and locals within the regions to provide presentations or attend meetings;
- Analyze natural resources and environmental assessment documents;
- Collaborate with MMF departments to coordinate and implement various programs and initiatives including Participant Funding Program applications, traditional land use studies, and community meetings;
- Liaise with proponents, consultants, legal counsel and federal/provincial government departments and agencies on environmental assessments and consultation activities.
Skills and Qualifications:
- College diploma or bachelor’s degree in a related discipline with several years’ experience in policy and program development, or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered;
- Experience working with leadership and in community settings;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge of Metis culture and MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Tuesday, January 26, 2021.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org