Manitoba Metis Federation
MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS SPECIALIST
September 3, 2021
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Employee Relations Specialist position within our Human Resources Department located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB.
- Manage daily employee inquiries and concerns;
- Provide guidance and recommendations to managers and employees on human resources matters;
- Facilitate meetings with managers and employees regarding concerns;
- Perform orientations and update records of new staff;
- Establish effective return to work and accommodation strategies in a proactive and educational manner;
- Create and maintain database of all internal sick leave/disability claims and accommodation files;
- Participate on required committees;
- Encourage and promote positive employee relations and engagement including developing and implementing various employee engagement initiatives, communications, programs and associated metrics;
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree/Certificate in Human Resources Management, Labour Relations or related discipline. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered;
- CPHR Designation is an asset;
- Three years of direct experience in employee relations or similar role;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of all employment related legislation and HR best practices;
- Strong organizational, time management, problem solving, interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to handle multiple demands simultaneously;
- Strong ethics, strategic thinking and cultural competency;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Experience working for a not-for-profit and/or Indigenous organization is an asset;
- Knowledge of Metis culture, MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and,
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Sunday, September 19, 2021.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com