Metis Economic Development Organization
METIS ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATION
March 29, 2021
The Metis Economic Development Organization (MEDO) is a business investment and management firm that works with the Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) to make key business investment decisions based on generating profit and building capacity for the long term sustainability of the Metis within Manitoba.
The Metis Economic Development Organization (MEDO) seeks to fill one full-time seasonal Groundskeeper position within our MEDO Golf & Country Club located in St. Laurent, MB. This position normally operates starting mid-April to the end of October.
- Mowing and maintenance of our nine-hole course greens, tees, fairways and rough;
- Responsible for spring set up (picking branches) and fall shut down (aeration) of the golf course;
- Responsible for course aeration, top dressing, sodding, trap edging etc.;
- Raking and maintenance of sand traps;
- Changing tee markers and cup rotation on the greens;
- Weed eating and trim work;
- Other turf duties or landscaping projects as requested by the Manager of MEDO Golf and Country Club;
- Responsible for the operation, maintenance, and general repair of mechanical equipment such as riding mowers, tractors, hand power-tools, etc.;
- Repairs and paints benches, tables, guardrails and may assist in repair of roads, walks, buildings and mechanical equipment using hand tools;
- General custodial and maintenance duties such as cleaning buildings and grounds, washing windows, emptying trash cans, sweeping, and using cleaning supplies;
- Reporting any on course issues to the Manager of MEDO Golf and Country Club;
Skills and Qualifications:
- Prior grounds maintenance experience an asset;
- Must be able to work independently and follow instructions regarding priorities of tasks or functions;
- Ability to perform in a fast paced, physically demanding environment;
- Physically fit and able to lift moderate weight (30 – 50 lbs.). Frequent lifting, pushing of supplies and equipment;
- Must be comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions;
- Ability to work variable hours;
- Must be punctual for early morning start times;
- Available to work weekends and holidays;
- Good communication and organizational skills;
- Self-motivated and able to complete tasks in an efficient manner.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Monday, April 12, 2021.
The MEDO requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MEDO will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com