Manitoba Metis Federation
MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
ASSESSMENT OFFICER – POST-SECONDARY EDUCATION
July 21, 2021
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Assessment Officer – Post-Secondary Education position within our Provincial Education Department located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB. This position will assist with the demand for the Post Secondary Education Support Program (PSESP) by coordinating with applicants and managing information.
- Respond to and manage the Post Secondary Education email inbox;
- Case-manage student files and assist students with barriers to funding;
- Collaborate with internal MMF departments to advance Metis students applications;
- Manage the PSESP student database;
- Manage requested information from applicants and ensure all documentation is collected;
- Manage all payments to students and ensure they are paid in a timely manner;
- Oversee spending of the Post Secondary Education fund;
- Verify PSESP & Louis Riel Bursary applications and update the database;
- Work with the working group and subcommittees, and provide information and reports as needed;
- Facilitate the delivery of Post Secondary Education programs and services to Metis Citizens.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Related post-secondary education business administration or project management, and a minimum of 2 years directly related work experience;
- Excellent communication skills including experience drafting correspondence and preparing reports;
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain filing systems and maintain confidential records and files;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint;
- Experience working for a not-for-profit organization and Indigenous community is an asset;
- Knowledge of Metis culture, MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and,
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Wednesday, August 4, 2021.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org