Manitoba Metis Federation
MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST – BILINGUAL
April 23, 2021
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Communications Specialist – Bilingual position within our Communications Department located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB. Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Communications Specialist – Bilingual is responsible for developing French and English written materials for internal and external communications.
- Draft and research briefing notes, radio scripts, speaking points, press releases, interview questions, advertising copy and articles for Le Metis in French and English;
- Assist in producing video blogs and record interviews (video, audio, photography, print);
- Support and maintain French and English social media accounts and web content;
- Create French and English copy/social campaigns;
- Maintain partnerships with targeted media and a network of contacts with internal and external organizations;
- Coordinate internal communications;
- Develop advertising, marketing and promotional materials including website content and social media announcements;
- Purchase advertisements;
- Plan and coordinate media events and perform general administrative duties;
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in Communications, Advertising, Public Relations or related discipline. A combination of education and experience will be considered;
- Minimum three years’ experience in Communications;
- Minimum two years’ experience working with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Dreamweaver, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator);
- Experience with Graphic Design and Photography;
- Proficiency in French;
- Knowledge of Metis culture and MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Sunday, May 9, 2021.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org