Manitoba Metis Federation
MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
ENGAGEMENT AND CONSULTATION FACILITATOR
March 1, 2021
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Engagement and Consultation Facilitator position within our Engagement and Consultation Department located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB. Reporting to the Director, the Engagement and Consultation Facilitator is responsible for assisting with the ongoing operation of the MMF’s 2007 Resolution #8 activity for all matters relating to Engagement/Consultation.
- Review and draft correspondence relating to consultation/engagement notices;
- Facilitate Metis involvement in projects, planning and decision-making in consultation processes;
- Coordinate and facilitate all Resolution #8 related matters with Governments, proponents, industry and others;
- Assist with planning community meetings;
- Attend and present information at community meetings;
- Collaborate with the Engagement and Consultation team to achieve project success;
- Conduct research on policies, historical documents and agreements.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in business administration, social or environmental sciences, natural resources management or related discipline;
- Several years’ experience in policy and program development;
- Experience working with leadership and in community settings;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office;
- Experience with budgets, financials and reporting;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of Metis issues and socio-economic conditions affecting Metis people;
- Knowledge of the MMF’s 2007 Resolution #8 is strongly preferred;
- Knowledge of Metis culture and MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Monday, March 8, 2021.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org