Manitoba Metis Federation
MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
September 3, 2021
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Director of Human Resources position within our Human Resources Department located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Director of Human Resources is responsible for supporting and advising the Manitoba Metis Federation on operational Human Resources matters.
- Administer and oversee the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters, disputes and investigations; performance and talent management, including succession planning, productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development;
- Identify staffing and recruitment needs, develop and execute best practices for hiring and talent management;
- Monitor and ensure compliance with provincial employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices, review and submit modifications for approval of policies and practices to maintain compliance;
- May participate in workplace investigations and provides advice on appropriate outcomes and recommendations, while ensuring completeness of the investigation file;
- Promote and ensure that human resources are managed in a manner that is consistent with the mission, vision, values, and policies of the MMF;
- Development of a costed work plan that will be evaluated and adjusted yearly and assisting in identifying possible funding sources for the department.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree/Certificate in Human Resources Management, Labour Relations or related discipline;
- Minimum of five years of experience in human resources;
- CPHR Designation an asset;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of all employment related legislation and HR best practices;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills;
- Experience working for a not-for-profit organization and Indigenous community is an asset;
- Knowledge of Metis culture, MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and,
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Sunday, September 19, 2021.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com