Infinity Women Secretariat
INFINITY WOMEN SECRETARIAT
September 14, 2021
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The Infinity Women Secretariat (IWS) is an affiliate of the MMF whose main purpose is to promote, empower and enhance the social, culture and economic well-being of Metis Women.
The IWS seeks to fill one full-time Business Navigator position located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB. Reporting to the IWS Spokeswoman, the Business Navigator is mainly responsible for assisting Metis Women seeking new business advice and for help with a current business, along with developing, implementing, monitoring, and reporting on strategic economic initiatives that are aligned with long-term economic development for the IWS.
- Assist Metis Women who are wanting to start a new business by researching market conditions and emerging trends, and assisting with relevant paperwork;
- Assist Metis Women looking for resources/supports for their current businesses by researching available grants and funding, and utilizing support groups for entrepreneurs;
- Participate in business planning, strategic planning, and research initiatives in support of economic development;
- Assist in the development of strategic plans by researching, facilitating, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating program initiatives which align with long-term strategies;
- Lead a range of programs, services, initiatives, and activities such as business outreach, local economic development, project facilitation, community economic involvement, etc.;
- Manage a portfolio of corporate business leads and prospects, and maintain records of partnership activities.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics, commerce, business administration or public administration;
- Experience in economic/business development;
- Experience implementing strategies for projects;
- Experience with report and proposal writing;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills;
- Knowledge of Metis culture and MMF programs and services is an asset; and
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension, and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Tuesday, September 28, 2021.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org