Manitoba Metis Federation
MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
June 7, 2021
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Research Analyst position within our Policy Unit located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB. Reporting to the Senior Policy Analyst, the Research Analyst conducts research on Metis data and programming and prepares reports and writes papers with the information they have gathered and compiled. The Research Analyst works closely with the Policy Unit to provide support on active files and programs.
- Research and review all relevant documents, policy, legislation, etc.;
- Desktop studies and data collection based on scholarly articles and other readily available information;
- Outreach studies including meetings, interviews, phone calls, and emails to collect more direct information;
- Collection, organization, and analysis of all information and data;
- Assist in developing project materials and documents;
- Prepare correspondence and draft briefings, reports, letters, and any other documents as required;
- Build internal and external relationships as necessary for work at hand;
- Development and undertaking of community outreach activities based on final report to spread awareness, share findings, and increase access to information;
- Development of presentation on findings.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or relevant field;
- Previous experience in community outreach and event organization activities;
- Previous experience in data research, analysis, and presentation, including report writing;
- Knowledge of archival principles;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills;
- Experience working with boards and/or committees is preferred;
- Experience working for a not-for-profit organization and Indigenous community is an asset;
- Knowledge of Metis culture, MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and,
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Monday, June 21, 2021.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com