Manitoba Metis Federation
MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR – YOUTH PROGRAMMING
April 29, 2021
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Assistant Director – Youth Programming position within our Metis Employment and Training Department located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB. The Assistant Director – Youth Programming assists with planning and leading the creation, implementation, and delivery of youth programming and services province wide.
- Assist in the development and implementation of youth programming intended to achieve the strategic plans and priorities set by the Cabinet including mechanisms for evaluation of action plans arising from such priorities;
- Establish and oversee administrative procedures to meet objectives set by leadership;
- Overall administrative, financial and program management of youth programming;
- Create regular briefing notes on the progress of youth programming;
- Develop annual strategic plans for youth programming;
- Manage and lead youth programming staff;
- Provide the necessary support, direction, and assistance to youth programming staff as required;
- Develop, plan, and administer budgets for youth programs and services;
- Assist with preparing and presenting an annual budget and monthly forecast for the operation of the department for approval.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field of study;
- Previous experience in a leadership role with emphasis in current management and human resource practices, communications, and marketing;
- Demonstrated organizational, financial, administrative management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to prepare budgets and read financial statements;
- Proficient in proposal preparation;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint;
- Knowledge of Metis culture and MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and,
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension, and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Thursday, May 13, 2021.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to (204) 947-1816
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org