Manitoba Metis Federation
MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
CHILD CARE ASSISTANT
September 8, 2021
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill multiple full-time and part-time Child Care Assistant positions within our St. Eustache Childcare Centre (located at 10 Allarie St in St. Eustache, MB) and Michif Children’s Place Childcare Centre (located at 525 Main St South in Dauphin, MB). The Child Care Assistant’s primary responsibility is the care and education of children, as well as assisting in delivering Metis-specific programming and curriculum.
- Maintain a learning environment that is positive, relaxed, pleasant, nurturing, and supports Métis specific curriculum;
- Establish and maintain a safe and healthy learning environment;
- Develop opportunities for children to become stewards of the local environment;
- Support children’s attempts to resolve their problems and differences with others;
- Encourage children to express their feelings and assert their rights in socially acceptable ways;
- Respond to incidents and handle emergencies appropriately if they occur;
- Maintain program equipment and assist in light housekeeping and cooking duties;
- Attend monthly staff meetings to discuss the progress and challenges of children and centre and other discussions as necessary.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Recognized 40-hour course;
- Minimum of one years’ experience as a Child Care Assistant or relevant role with demonstrated ability to deliver programs and services;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Effective listening skills;
- Dependable, reliable, and punctual;
- Valid 1st Aid/CPR Certification;
- Circle of Security Certificate an asset;
- Clear Child Abuse Registry Check;
- Knowledge of Métis culture, heritage, and language an asset; and,
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Wednesday, September 22, 2021.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org