Manitoba Metis Federation
MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
July 21, 2021
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Administrative Coordinator position within our Policy Unit located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB. The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support to the Chief of Staff and the department.
- Draft, type, and proofread documents including but not limited to; reports, letters, briefing notes, memoranda, statements, forms;
- Schedule appointments, meetings, travel arrangements and maintain calendar;
- Conduct research, assist with preparing financial reports and maintaining financial records;
- Prepare agenda and information kits for meetings and take, transcribe, and edit meeting minutes;
- Process and maintain a log of incoming and outgoing correspondence;
- Photocopy and organize documents for distribution, mailing, filing, and faxing;
- Develop and maintain tracking systems and electronic and hard copy filing systems;
- Maintain list of inventories;
- Receive visitors, screen calls, take messages and determine urgency;
- Order office supplies, complete purchase orders and allocate expenses as per budget for review as requested.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Administrative Assistant, or related field;
- Two years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant, Executive Assistant, or similar role;
- Excellent communication skills including experience drafting correspondence and preparing reports;
- Experience in a computerized office environment with a proven ability with Microsoft Office;
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain filing systems and maintain confidential records and files;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills;
- Experience working for a not-for-profit organization and Indigenous community is an asset;
- Knowledge of Metis culture, MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and,
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension, and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Tuesday, August 3, 2021.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com