Manitoba Metis Federation
MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
REGIONAL YOUTH WORKER
July 9, 2021
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Regional Youth Worker position within our Metis Employment and Training Department located within our MMF The Pas Regional Office at 456 Fischer Ave in The Pas, MB.
- Consult with Metis Youth, Locals, and partners to develop, coordinate and implement Youth programming to address issues relevant to Youth in the areas of Employment and Training, Entrepreneurship, Education, Culture and Heritage, and Recreation;
- Develop, coordinate, and implement Youth programming and initiatives within the Region;
- Assist Youth to access summer employment opportunities including researching Youth summer employment initiatives and assisting youth in applying for opportunities;
- Assist Youth with job search skills by assisting with preparation of resumes and cover letters, job search strategies, and preparing for job interviews;
- Answer general inquiries from the public and provide information on Regional Youth programs and services and community resources;
- Research training and labour market needs;
- Participate in job fairs, career symposiums, community events and conduct presentations on Youth initiatives;
- Develop funding proposals and reports and assist with monitoring financial aspects of Regional Youth projects.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A combination of relevant post-secondary education and two years of directly related work experience;
- Demonstrated ability developing, coordinating, and implementing Youth programs and initiatives;
- Experience developing funding proposals and reports;
- Knowledge of Youth programming initiatives regionally and provincially;
- Demonstrated experience establishing and maintaining productive and respectful relationships with a diverse array of partners, clients, and co-workers;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an ability to develop and communicate programs and policies to clients, stakeholders, and partners;
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and computerized case management programs;
- Effective organizational, interpersonal and time management skills;
- Knowledge of Metis culture and MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension, and vacation.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Sunday, July 25, 2021.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to (204) 947-1816
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com