Manitoba Metis Federation
MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
July 19, 2021
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill two full-time Consultation Specialist positions within our Engagement and Consultation Department located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB. Reporting to the Director, the Consultation Specialist is responsible for assisting with the operation of the MMF’s Resolution No. 8 process for all matters relating to Engagement and Consultation that may impact the rights, interests and claims of the Manitoba Metis Community.
- Review and draft correspondence relating to consultation/engagement notices;
- Conduct research on project notices, policies, historical documents, and agreements;
- Coordinate Metis involvement in projects, planning and decision-making in consultation processes;
- Facilitate all Resolution No. 8 related matters with Governments, Proponents, and others;
- Liaise with MMF Departments, Affiliates, and Regions interacting with subject matter experts, leadership and Citizens;
- Build relationships with Proponents and Governments while advocating for the rights, interests, and claims of the Manitoba Metis Community;
- Attend meetings, take notes, and maintain internal engagement and consultation record;
- Plan, attend, and present information at community meetings;
- Assist with development of project budgets and financials.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in business administration, social or environmental sciences, natural resources management or related discipline;
- Several years’ experience in policy and program development;
- Experience working with leadership and in community settings;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office;
- Experience with budgets, financials, and reporting;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of the MMF’s 2007 Resolution No. 8 is strongly preferred;
- Knowledge of Metis culture and MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension, and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Monday, August 2, 2021.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org