Manitoba Metis Federation
MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
EMPLOYMENT AND TRAINING COUNSELLOR
July 19, 2021
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Employment and Training Counsellor position within our Metis Employment and Training Department located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB.
- Conduct assessments of clients to determine employment needs and eligibility for MET programs and services;
- Assess client needs through an interview process, gather information and determine eligibility, determine client training/employment readiness, career/education goals;
- Provide clients with job search assistance, information on programs, services and community resources, referrals to counselling or community services, and labour market information;
- Develop appropriate employment and training plans with clients and match the identified employment needs with appropriate MET programs or services;
- Provide ongoing counselling support to clients during employment and training activities;
- Utilize database for case management and contract management;
- Prepare and monitor cash flows and other financial documentation for client files;
- Research and access labour market information and job postings utilizing the internet, local newspapers, and other professional publications;
- Draft correspondence, reports, and other documents.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education and experience in the Social Sciences field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Minimum of two years’ experience in employment/career counselling;
- Experience facilitating presentations and workshops to client groups;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point;
- Experience establishing and maintaining solid working relationships with a diverse array of partners, clients, and co-workers;
- Strong client orientation and quality assurance skills, organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities, work under pressure and adapt to conflicting and tight deadlines;
- Flexibility, fairness, integrity, diplomacy, and sensitivity to the needs of others;
- Knowledge of Metis culture and MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension, and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Monday, August 2, 2021.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to (204) 947-1816
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com