Manitoba Metis Federation
MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
September 13, 2021
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time term Climate Officer position within our Energy, Infrastructure, and Resource Management Department located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB. This position is set to end on March 31, 2022, with a possibility of extension. The wage range for this position is $15-$17 per hour.
- Oversee and coordinate the assessment, implementation, management, of Community-Based Climate and Water Monitoring Programs;
- Facilitate Metis involvement in project, planning and decision-making consultation processes;
- Assist with planning community meetings;
- Attend and present information at community meetings;
- Create project budgets and work plans;
- Prepare correspondence including reports, letters, briefings and memorandums;
- Collaborate with the team to achieve project success;
- Assist in environmental monitoring initiatives as required;
- Assist in research to support programs, as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in social or environmental sciences, or related discipline;
- Experience in project management;
- Experience in natural resource management social or environmental sciences or similar field is desired;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and Geographical Information Systems is preferred;
- Experience with budgets, financials and reporting;
- Experience preparing correspondence and conducting research;
- Knowledge of the MMF’s 2007 Resolution #8 is preferred;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills;
- Experience working with boards and/or committees is preferred;
- Experience working for a Government, not-for-profit organization and Indigenous community is an asset;
- Knowledge of Metis culture, MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and,
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Monday, September 27, 2021.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org