Manitoba Metis Federation
MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
September 14, 2021
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Outreach Worker position located in Flin Flon, MB. The Outreach Worker’s prime objective is to enhance the services and resources within their region, through direct outreach to their community. The incumbent will assist in the development and implementation of resources by developing strategies and action plans designed to ensure culturally sensitive delivery of services and programs to Metis Citizens.
- Assist Metis Citizens in accessing programs and services available;
- Promote programs and services to Metis Citizens;
- Establish support networks for clients;
- Follow up with clients;
- Compile and maintain data regarding clients;
- Facilitation of community meetings and workshops;
- Respond to walk-ins and requests for assistance;
- Ensure open communication and partnerships with internal partners;
- Building and enhancing existing partnerships within the communities and region.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Two-year diploma program in a Child & Family Services program or a Community Development program;
- Previous experience in social service field or previous community development involvement;
- Familiarly with government legislation (CFS Act, Program Standards, Income Security, Maintenance Act, Worker’s Compensation, other relevant legislation and policies);
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills;
- Experience working with boards and/or committees is preferred;
- Experience working for a not-for-profit organization and Indigenous community is an asset;
- Knowledge of Metis culture, MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and,
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension and vacation.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Tuesday, September 28, 2021.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com