Metis Employment & Training in partnership with Aecon is actively recruiting for the following employment opportunity:
Job Title: Utility Labourer/General Labourer Telecom
Reports to: Site supervisor, the Utility Labourer/General Labourer will be responsible to ensure the achievement of general and specific project requirements.
Faster. Smarter. Safer This is how Aecon Utilities is committed to delivering projects. Aecon Utilities is ready to become Canada’s #1 utility construction provider and we are looking for Utility Labourers/General Labourers to help us get there!
- Prepare and clean up construction sites.
- Work in a safe and responsible manner daily.
- Move materials and equipment to perform safe excavation, compaction, and restoration activities.
- Handle and distribute construction materials (e.g., load and unload vehicles with supplies, equipment, etc.)
- Excavate, backfill, and compact subgrade (e.g., move and level earth using shovels and rakes, operate pneumatic tampers).
- Assemble shoring, traffic safety and barricades at construction sites.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Able to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Continuously changing work tasks.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Experience working in a similar role within the industry.
- Physical strength and stamina, manual dexterity.
- A safety-conscious attitude.
- The ability to work with others in a team.
- Ability to use stairs, ladders, and climb over rough terrain.
- Ability to work long hours per day sometimes in rough weather conditions and environments.
- A valid class 5 driver’s license with a clean abstract. (abstracts must be provided with their referral on the first day)
- Ability to lift and work with materials weighing up to 25kg.
Job Type: Seasonal
Salary: $18.00 per hour to start
Closing Date: April 30/2021
For more information and to apply, contact: call (204)586-8474 or email email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org