Manitoba Metis Federation
MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
COORDINATOR – POST-SECONDARY EDUCATION (FINANCIAL SUPPORT)
July 13, 2021
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Coordinator – Post-Secondary Education (Financial Support) position within our Provincial Education Department located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB. The Coordinator plans, coordinates, communicates and oversees the Post-Secondary Education Student Financial Assistance program to ensure that established goals and objectives are accomplished in accordance with the prescribed priorities, budgetary guidelines, and work plan activities.
- Facilitate the delivery of Post-Secondary Education programs and services to Metis Citizens;
- Prepare documentation for Post-Secondary Education working group committee and subcommittees;
- Liaise with education stakeholders, staff, and MMF departments and affiliates in providing financial assistance to Metis post-secondary students;
- Oversee advertising of the Post-Secondary Education Student Financial Assistance program;
- Prepare activity reports as well as database reports on students who are being funded;
- Assist in policy development;
- Assist in program evaluation and research analysis as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or relevant field. An equivalent amount of experience and training may be considered;
- Several years’ experience as a Program Coordinator or relevant position;
- Knowledge of program management and development procedures;
- Experience in preparing informal and formal reports for projects and programs;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills;
- Experience working with boards and/or committees is preferred;
- Knowledge of Metis culture, MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and,
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Tuesday, July 27, 2021.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org