Metis Child, Family & Community Services Agency
Metis Child, Family & Community Services (MCFCS) Agency is a mandated child and family services agency with the responsibility to administer and manage culturally appropriate community- based child protection and support services for Metis and Inuit people in Manitoba.
EASTMAN REGION WORKER
FULL TIME, TERM POSITION
Competition #: MCFCS-ESW-2021.037
Hours of Work: 7.25 hours per day Classification and Salary: SP4, $29.73 – $41.23 per hour Location: Beausejour, MB
Under the direction of the Unit Supervisor, the Eastman Worker works collaboratively as part of a team in providing services to our families, children and youth such as child protection and assessment, case management, recording accurate and detailed case notes, preparing documents related to legal matters, working with caregivers and collaterals.
Main areas of Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Conduct investigations and assessments of children at risk
- Develop collaborative relationships with caregivers for the delivery of services for the child in care
- Prepare for and participate in legal and court actions
- Complete all administrative and reporting requirements
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work
- Master of Social Worker would be an
- BA and three years related social services Other education/experience will be considered, provided current registration with the Manitoba College of Social Workers.
- Direct child welfare or front line experience would be
- Experience in crisis intervention, abuse investigation and assessment of high risk situations would be considered an
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated understanding of Metis and Inuit culture and
- Demonstrated knowledge of CFSIS, Microsoft Office, and
- Understanding of child welfare act, standards and
- Excellent assessment, interviewing and counseling
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing
- Advanced communication skills, both written and
- Demonstrated ability to interact with people in a sensitive, tactful, diplomatic and professional manner at all time and to work cooperatively within a team
- Ability to work effectively in a high volume and time sensitive
- Ability to work in an ethical manner and ensure integrity while maintaining
Prior to commencing employment the successful applicant will be asked to provide satisfactory results of a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, a Child Abuse Registry Check, Prior Contact Check and a Driver’s Abstract upon hire at their own expense. In light of long processing times for these checks we encourage applicants to apply early, as this will reduce wait times to begin employment. A valid Manitoba driver’s license and the use of a personal vehicle are requisites as travel within and outside the city are required.
MCFCS offers a supportive and progressive work environment, competitive salaries, excellent benefits package and training opportunities.
We thank all who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Preference will be given to qualified Indigenous applicants.
All are encouraged to self-declare in cover letter.
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
Please visit https://mcfcs.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=93 to submit your resume with cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit mcfcs.bamboohr.com.