Michif Child and Family Services
Michif Child and Family Services invites applicants for
CHILD AND YOUTH CARE WORKER
Classification: SYCW, $15.90 – $23.88 per hour
Hours of Work: Various – Days, Evenings, Nights and Weekends Competition Number: 2021033-CYCW-D
Location: Dauphin, Manitoba
The Child and Youth Care Worker’s primary responsibility is to provide the daily basic care including the emotional, intellectual and spiritual needs of youth residing within residential care facilities, while maintaining a safe, stable and nurturing environment.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Provide basic housekeeping duties, including cooking and meal preparation (breakfast, dinner, supper and snacks).
- Reporting broken or damaged property, including general maintenance.
- Ability to follow daily routine duties and procedures, including wake up calls and bed time
- Ability to monitor and assess television, video and computer use, according to age appropriate
- Ability to administer medication as
- Ability to perform daily documentation, including incident reports, menu planning and revisions (listing of allergies), discharge reports, daily logs, assessment binders, financial logs (household, recreation, allowance and restitution) admissions, including photographs, MAR sheets, fire drill
- Providing transportation, supervision and support to any supported family visit or scheduled appointment, including completing documentation and providing communication of treatment
- Ability to determine appropriate disciplinary actions for youth on disciplinary action, documenting and communicating to other staff team members, the reason for discipline and duration of discipline, review and assess youth’s progress after disciplinary action
- Other duties as
- Demonstrated understanding of Metis Culture and Communities
- Grade 12
- Current Non-Violet Crisis Intervention would be an asset
- Current CPR and Emergency First Aid certification required
- Ability to cook
- Ability to maintain highly sensitive and confidential information
- Strong interpersonal, administrative, organization and written communication
- Proven ability to multi task and prioritize
- Ability to determine and assess potentially dangerous situations
- Ability to stabilize and provide safely to residents and staff
- An Acceptable Child Abuse Registry Check, Prior Contact Check and Criminal Records Check
- Access to a reliable vehicle and possession of a valid Manitoba driver’s license as travel within the communities is required.
Your cover letter and resume must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
MCFS offers a supportive and progressive work environment, competitive salaries and training opportunities. Please visit our career page at https://michif.bamboohr.com/jobs/ to apply.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis and/or Inuit applicants.
To apply for this job please visit michif.bamboohr.com.