Michif Child and Family Services
Michif Child and Family Services invites applications for
INTAKE WORKER – DIA
Full Time Permanent Position
Classification: SP3/SP4, $26.96 – $34.72 / $29.73 – $41.23 per hour Hours of Work: 7.25 hours per day or 36.25 hours per week (FTE 1.0) Competition Numbers: 2021021-DIA-P
Location: Dauphin or Swan River, Manitoba
Under the mandate of the Child and Family Services Act, the Intake Worker is authorized to investigate and respond to allegations when children are in need of protection. The Intake Worker will receive and process all Michif Child and Family Services child welfare referrals including allegations of child maltreatment and determine the eligibility, appropriateness and disposition of such referrals.
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
- Receive incoming referrals for allegations of a child in need of protection from community members, collateral agencies, professionals and anonymous
- Process incoming referrals and determine the eligibility and disposition of such referrals in consultation with the Intake/After Hours Supervisor and when appropriate, develop investigation
- Inform families about agency and community support services that may benefit them in achieving their goals and assist them with the referral process, including a community link
- Conduct child protection investigations in compliance with agency policy, and the Manitoba Child and Family Services Act, including assessment of immediate safety needs of the children, developing safety plans, risk assessment, interviewing collaterals and making a decision on verification of the child protection
- Determine when children require admission to the Agency’s care to ensure their immediate safety and assist in completing placement
- Incorporate Signs of Safety strategies into case work, primarily the mapping
- Work collaboratively with all child welfare agencies and service collaterals, e.g. schools, foster parents, medical professionals and police on child needs and issues during the investigative
- Prepares court affidavits and consults with agency legal counsel when necessary (pre-court), prepares and presents evidence, attends court and / or appears as a witness in agency protection
- Respond in matters requiring advocacy, support and counseling services in order to assist and intervene with families in crisis situations when children require immediate
- To participate constructively as a team member in staff meetings, and training sessions required by the Intake and After Hours Supervisor.
- To complete all case documentation within specific timeframes according to agency policies, Provincial Standards and the Manitoba Child and Family Services Act, and enter required data into agency
- To attend and participate in scheduled case conferences to ensure case management standards are met and appropriate decisions are
- To keep informed of provincial legislation, agency policies, procedures and
- Provide afterhours coverage related to designated intake agency services where required and respond to emergency calls
- To perform other duties as assigned by the Intake and After Hours
- BSW or BA and two years related experience, or a combination of education and five years related experience
- Knowledge and/or appreciation for Metis culture
- Working experience in Child Welfare Frontline or Case Management systems and
- Proven knowledge of theories of human behavior and family systems and proven ability to apply social work theories in assessments, planning, action, measure and monitor to ensure competence of services provided.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare comprehensive narrative reports regarding intake files.
- Ability to establish and maintain purposeful relationships within the Intake and After Hours Service Team, clients, colleagues, other relevant organizations and
- Working knowledge of the administrative structure and operations of the Agency including the service delivery model, policies, procedures and
- Excellent planning and organization, problem-solving, decision-making and interpersonal
- Ability to maintain
- Access to a vehicle and possession of a valid Manitoba driver’s license as travel will be
Your cover letter and resume must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
MCFS offers a supportive and progressive work environment, competitive salaries and training opportunities. Please visit our career page at https://michif.bamboohr.com/jobs/ to apply.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis and/or Inuit applicants.
To apply for this job please visit michif.bamboohr.com.