Closing June 5, 2021 Start Date: A.S.A.P.
Pipelayer Helper/ Topman
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Setup and utilize instruments such as laser and transit
- Install PVC pipe sections and seal joints using cement or glue.
- Understanding and reading underground plans and
- Understanding grade, slope elevations and operations of grade
- Assembling and installing water, sewer and storm sewer
- Setup and utilize trench box/shoring.
- Testing water lines.
- Management of materials that are delivered to the job
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools, including drills, forklifts, skid loaders and other
- Clean and prepare construction sites as needed. Shovel materials to and from construction areas. Maintain a safe and clean job Load and unload construction supplies from trucks.
- Maintain a daily log of your hours worked using our companies app.
- Minimum one (1) years of pipelaying helper/ topman experience
- Strong work ethic and be consistently punctual
- Ability to travel where projects dictate
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather
- Ability to work long and unpredictable hours
- Possess a positive attitude, be a team player and work well in a work group
- Ability to communicate effectively with crew members including the written and spoken
- Ability to think logically about work at hand and compare site conditions with project
- Must be in good physical condition with the ability to stoop, crawl, bend at the knees and waist, squat and lift 50 lbs; includes body weight, equipment, tools and boxes
- Criminal Background Check as required for secure sites
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
- Three (3) years of heavy construction field experience; preferably underground
Knowledge or experience in:
- Tunnel boring equipment operations experience. Watermain, gravity sewers, manhole installation etc. HDPE pipe fusing (electro-fusion coupler or fusing machine)
- Understanding of basic mechanical repairs
- Ability to read drawings and other project related documents
Hours of Work: 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
Hour Wage Range: $22.11 – $28.48 (depending upon experience, qualifications)
|Send your resume to:||Tamara Cardinal,|
|Manager, Human Resourcesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com