Home Enhancement Loan Program (HELP)
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) will provide a one-time forgivable loan of up to $15,000 (including taxes) to provide for emergency home repairs and renovations to improve, adapt, and maintain existing housing stock. This program is designed for low to moderate income Metis Citizens.
In this program, safety and well-being is a priority, and preference will be given to Metis Citizens who demonstrate emergency or health and safety-related housing needs.
Applicants must have a total gross annual household income not exceeding $85,000. The applicant household’s total liquid assets inclusive of RRSP investments must also not exceed $300,000.
Eligible expenditures can include:
- Emergency home repairs
- Home repairs and renovations
- Upgrades for accessibility
- Senior’s upgrades for accessibility
- Adapt unit to suit household composition
- Electrical, sewer and water infrastructure, water and sewer testing
Ineligible expenditures include but are not limited to:
- Purchase of land or outbuildings, land transfer costs
- Administration, salaries or wage costs, legal costs
- Purchase of mobile trailers for renovation and repair
- Purchase of housing units to renovate and repair and sell
- Costs associated with the development of drawings and/or blueprints
- Costs associated with legal fees, consultation or permits